goRMVR on Facebook goRMVR on Twitter rmvrMedia on YouTube Rocky Mountain Vacation Rentals on LinkedIn Our RSS Feed

Canyons

Maps & Cams

Driving Times

  • From Park City:
    10 minutes / 5.1 miles
  • From Salt Lake City Airport:
    40 minutes / 37.9 miles

  • Allow additional time for seasonal driving conditions and traffic.

Canyons - Vacation Rentals & Ski Lodging

With 182 runs primarily catering to intermediate and expert level skiers, the Canyons Resort is perfect for the seasoned mountain goer. But, if it’s your first time on the slopes, don’t let that keep you from enjoying all that the resort has to offer. Canyons Resort is one of three resorts located in Park City, Utah, so there are a wide variety of activities, events and sights to keep even the most active vacationer busy.

Canyons Village, located at the base of the resort, is filled with world-class dining, a wide variety of shopping, relaxing spas and an excellent of night life scene that has come to be expected of North American ski resorts. When added to everything that Park City has to offer, the Canyons Resort truly has something for everyone. If you’re looking for culture, you’ll find live music and performing arts, as well as the Sundance Film Festival held each January in Park City. And, of course, any skier or snowboarder will tell you that no mountain experience is complete without après-ski, and the mountain base, especially the Ski Beach, are right up there with the best après-ski you’ll find anywhere.

Now, while often overlooked, summer time in the mountains is not something you want to miss. Starting in 2011, Canyons has opened a new mountain bike park at the Mid-Mountain Adventure Area that is great for all abilities. In addition, there are scenic hiking trails, serene boating and fishing and family-friendly miniature golf, just to get you started. And don’t miss out on high-speed zip tours, where you get a uniquely thrilling perspective on the Canyons Resort from above.

The Canyons Resort covers 4,000 skiable acres (1,600 hectares) over nine separate peaks, deeming it the most expansive resort in Utah. About 90 percent of the terrain is split almost equally between intermediate and expert level, with the remaining 10 percent geared toward beginners. However, beginners have access to the Learn to Ski area found at the Red Pine Gondola’s summit. From there, there are a number of green and starter blue runs that are perfect for those just getting their mountain legs, whether for the first time or the 100th.

Intermediate level skiers will be able to revel in runs that seem to span the entire slope, from top to bottom. Experts will enjoy riding on the lower ridgeline, with mountain features straight out of a photograph, with chutes, glades and steeps prepared to make any day on the slopes a little more interesting. However, if you’re looking for a more traditional bowl-skiing experience, you’ll find expansive, wide-open runs with breathtaking views that seem nothing less than surreal.

Canyons has 21 lifts, 19 of which are skiable, in addition to tow-ropes and a magic carpet, so you can count on being able to access just about any part of the mountain with relative ease. And, if you’re looking to go the back-country route, there are two different points in the resort from which you can exit to the National Forest.

So, if Canyons sounds like a place you would like to spend your next vacation, or if you’d like to get some more firsthand insight about the resort and all it has to offer, please give us a call. Our friendly, knowledgeable Destination Specialists are standing by to assist you.